Equipop - A French podcast on Female Genital Mutilation!
On the occasion of the International Day of the Girl Child (11 October), Equipop launched a podcast on Female Genital Mutilation. The podcast was produced as part of the Let's CHANGE project.
For many Survivors, FGM has become the cause of all their problems. They feel diminished, abnormal and imperfect. As part of a comprehensive care, the caregivers help unravel the truth from the myths and the misconceptions and, above all, change Survivors' point of view about themselves and strengthen their self-esteem.
The podcast consists of 5 episodes. In each episode, the following experts speak alongside Survivors and activists:
- Ghada Hatem: gynaecologist, founder of the Maison des Femmes de Saint Denis.
- Pierre Foldes: surgeon, urologist, co-founder of Women Safe & Children.
- Hawa Camara: Doctor of Psychology, specialising in cross-cultural issues.
- Violeta Belhouchat: sexologist.
- Soukeyna Diallo: Member of the Senegalese Lawyers Association.
- Judith Coronel Kissous: committed lawyer, specialised in asylum law.
- Diaryatou Bah: former president of Excision Parlons-en !
- Hadja Idrissa Bah: President of the Club of Young Girl Leaders of Guinea.
The podcast was widely disseminated by Survivors in Europe and in countries where access to caregivers is limited, thanks to social media.
It is only available in French