Global Platform for Actions to end FGM/C - 2022 Progress Report on intensifying global efforts to eliminate FGM
This report has been compiled by members of the Global Platform for Action to End FGM/C: End FGM EU, Amref Health Africa, Coalition on Violence Against Women, End FGM Canada Network, Equality Now, Orchid Project, Sahiyo, The Girl Generation, The US End FGM/C Network, There Is No Limit Foundation and Tostan.
It represents a joint effort across our respective organisations and regional networks to combine our global expertise, knowledge and partnerships to support efforts to end FGM/C by 2030, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
This report provides regional progress updates across the key thematic areas of the Secretary General report since the last report in 2020.
Each section addresses the following issues, in line with the outline sent out by UN Women to Member States to get their input and areas of work that were identified to be of interest:
- ● Data and Research
● Impact of COVID-19 and adaptation strategies
● Measures taken to mainstream FGM/C abandonment
● Measures taken to address FGM/C in emergencies
● Measures taken to protect women and girls from FGM/C
● The role of stakeholders in the elimination of the practice
● Gender transformative approaches