Council conclusions on Combating Violence Against Women, and the Provision of Support Services for Victims of Domestic Violence (2012)
The EU ministers responsible for social and equality affairs in 2012 adopted Conclusions on Combating Violence Against Women, and the Provision of Support Services for Victims of Domestic Violence. Among others, their recommendations include:
Calling on Member States and the European Commission to:
- Develop and implement multidisciplinary and comprehensive actions plans on violence against women based on prevention, protection and prosecution.
- Consider developing a European Strategy for preventing and combating all forms of violence against women in accordance with the Council Conclusions on the Eradication of Violence against Women in the European Union adopted in 2010.
- Improve the collection and dissemination of data on violence against women.
Calling the European Parliament, the European Commission and the Member states to:
- Consider signing, ratifying and implementing the Council of Europe Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence.
Calling Member States, the EEAS and the European Commission to:
- Strengthen their support to partner countries in combating violence against women.