We are looking for 2 volunteers to join the Communication and the Programmes Department of the End FGM European Network to implement the "Understanding Community Voices" project !
End Female Genital Mutilation European Network
Since 2021, End FGM EU has implemented the Understanding Community Voices project under the European Solidarity Corps scope. At the End FGM European Network we strongly believe in the power of youth, and we want to provide concrete opportunities for youth from FGM-affected communities and/or a marginalised group to grow professionally and build their experience and skills, to be better equipped to become key actors in Ending FGM. Our work to end FGM could not exist without the incredible work people from FGM-affected communities to bring about societal and behavioural change. On a long-term basis, the FGM-affected communities (our target groups) will feel empowered and supported by End FGM EU to fight against social norms and pressures, inequalities, and become strong voices to end FGM.
The Understanding Community Voices project aims at identifying, supporting, and strengthening the work of community voices across Europe. It highlights and showcases the work done by activists and members of community-centred organisations to influence policy and legislation, shift attitudes and break stigmas. It also sought to identify and understand the needs and obstacles of affected communities to better support and strengthen their efforts.
- Young volunteer between 18 and 30 living in Europe and coming from an FGM-affected community applying through the portal: Communication & Programmes
- Good English language skills, both oral and written, French is an asset
- Knowledge of or interest in gender equality and gender-based violence issues
- Willingness to engage in productive and challenging work
- Ability to focus well under deadlines
- Understanding of debates on female genital mutilation (FGM), violence against women and gender issues
What do we offer?
- A monthly allowance (food, housing)
- Travel costs to Brussels (a lump sum depending on the distance to Brussels)
- Monthly pocket money
- Local transportation in Brussels
- On-arrival training with other Solidarity Corps volunteers, and lots of learning and development opportunities with our members
- Internal FGM training done by the End FGM EU
Only applications received through the portal will be considered.