End FGM EU is looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to join us as a Communications Officer of End FGM European Network and lead our projects.
End FGM EU is looking to recruit the role of Communications Officer to oversee the successful planning, implementation, and delivery of the Network's communication activities. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in communication, be self-motivated and have a deep commitment to women’s rights. The position is based in Brussels, Belgium and would be reporting to the Director of the Network.
Experience and Skills
- University degree in communications, media studies, journalism or equivalent professional experience
- A proven commitment to gender equality
- 1-3 years experience in a similar position, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Experience in developing and implementing communications strategies, plans and campaigns
- Professional fluency in oral and written English
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proficiency with communications technology (website, social media, creative software)
- Knowledge of cameras/multimedia (photography and video shooting and editing)
- Experience in managing the production of different types of communication materials and outputs, including print and multimedia
- Experience in media relations
- Must be well organised with a proven accuracy to detail
- Ability to think and plan strategically and to break projects into defined tasks
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex issues in plain and effective language
- Understanding of debates on FGM, violence against women and girls (VAWG) and gender issues
- Technical skills for independent creation of infographics, leaflets or other visual communication tools
- Knowledge of the EU institutions and understanding of the EU landscape
- Knowledge of the EU media landscape and network of media contacts
- Demonstrated commitment to women’s rights and gender equality
- Passionate and enthusiastic attitude
- Team-oriented, versatile, personable and flexible
- Highly driven and can work independently
- Works collaboratively and listens actively to the views of those involved
- Intercultural understanding, non-discriminatory attitude and open-mindedness
Please find a more detailed Job Description here.
What we offer
- This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic network interacting daily with organisations passionately committed to women’s rights and ending FGM;
- Location: Brussels, Belgium (with some home-working);
- Full-time contract 38h/week;
- This is a fixed-term appointment for one year, with the possibility of renewal to a CDI;
- A competitive monthly salary according to our salary scale and the candidate’s experience, coupled with various benefits:
- In addition to the salary, we offer benefits such as meal vouchers, contribution to transport, additional 5 days of holiday & closure of the office in Dec/Jan, working from home allowance, internet allowance, 13th month and hospital insurance.
- All appointments should be made transparently and comply with all relevant employment regulations. No job applicant or employee should receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, gender identity, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.
- All applicants have to have the right to reside and work in Belgium.
- Any relevant volunteering experience can be considered equal to any other professional experience.