End FGM EU is seeking for a consultant to facilitate the strategic planning development process to take place in 2022. The strategic plan 2023-2027 has to be finalised by the end of 2022.
The secretariat, Board, members as well as Ambassadors will play an active role throughout the process. Therefore, we expect that the consultant’s role will mainly consist of developing and facilitating a participative process for input for the upcoming strategic plan and drafting the document. Furthermore, ideally the consultant would also support the development & drafting of the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework (M&E) in early 2023 after the adoption of the Strategic Plan.
The consultant will propose a process and agree to the various steps with End FGM EU. These can include:
- Written questionnaires
- Online interviews with key people
- Focus group interviews
- Facilitating a 1-day workshop in Brussels; in early/mid-June (mandatory)
- Drafting the strategic plan
- Integrating the feedback given to the strategic plan
- Providing strategic advice on challenging issues.
In consideration of the above, End FGM EU is seeking to receive proposals from consultants with strong expertise in strategic planning – particularly for European non-profit networks – on how to frame this process. The proposal should take into account the indications provided with regard to the consultant’s role, but should also:
- outline elements of the process preceding and following the 1-day workshop
- take into account the current strategic plan
- enable the active involvement of the membership
The service will be considered completed upon successful accomplishment of a written five-years Strategic Plan 2023-2027 with specific Priorities and Strategic Objectives.
The assignment shall start on the day of the last signature of the contract and the Strategic Plan shall be completed by the 15 of November 2022. The development of the Monitoring & Evaluation Framework should happen in the first quarter of 2023.
End FGM EU is seeking proposals from individuals with proven successful experience in Strategy Development Processes and Planning and in the design of Strategic Plans particularly for European non-profit networks.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas is considered essential:
- Organisational Management skills with experience in conducting organisational reviews;
- Experience in Planning, Budgeting, Programme and Strategy Development Processes;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Knowledge of the EU non-profit sector;
- Expertise in evaluating impact of NGOs;
- Expertise in working with membership organisations;
- Knowledge of EU institutions and decision and policy-making processes;
- Knowledge and experience in designing Strategic Plans for organisations working in the field of women rights and/or violence against women (VAW) is an asset.
- The applicant must not have any personal or capital involvement with End FGM EU.
Applicants must be proficient in English, particularly in writing.
Participation in this procedure is open on equal terms to all natural and legal persons fulfilling the abovementioned eligibility criteria and language requirements.
The selection will be done based on expertise (75%) and price (25%).
All applicants will receive acknowledgement of receipt of their proposal and will be informed of the outcomes of the selection process by email within seven working days following the deadline date.
To be considered for this service, the applicant with the required profile shall submit the following documents in English:
- Cover letter including proposal, detailed budget & examples of similar previous work
- 2 references with full contact details
The proposal needs be submitted electronically in English addressed to Mereb Habte at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 3rd of March 2022.
In case of any queries, please address them to email@example.com.