A world free of all forms of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) where women and girls are empowered and can fully enjoy their human rights.
To be the driving force of the European movement to end all forms of female genital mutilation (FGM), joining the forces of communities and civil society organisations, and building synergies and cooperation with all relevant actors in Europe and globally.
End FGM Values
End FGM places the following principles at the core of its work:
- Respect and promotion of human rights, with a focus on women’s and children’s human rights
- Active participation of rights holders in decision-making and activities
- Use of and promotion of empowering and non-stigmatising language and visuals
- Ownership by member organisations
- Accountability, integrity, transparency and professionalism
- Solidarity between organisations and respect for staff, members, individuals and allies
Our Strategic Objectives
ENSURE A EUROPEAN, COORDINATED AND HUMAN RIGHTS BASED AND CHILD FOCUSED APPROACH TO END FGM
- Objective 1: Increase the engagement and capacity of policy and decision makers, professionals and other relevant stakeholders to tackle FGM
- Objective 2: Enable communities and community based NGOs/ CSOs to be key actors in tackling FGM
- Objective 3: Increase understanding of FGM among the general public to foster citizens’ involvement in the European movement against FGM based on an empowering, non-stigmatising communication approach
- Objective 4: Monitor and support the implementation of existing national, EU, European and international commitments and instruments on FGM towards the provision of prevention and protection measures and services
BUILD BRIDGES BETWEEN RELEVANT ACTORS AND COUNTRIES TO END FGM
- Objective 5: foster and facilitate synergies and cooperation between actors in the EU and in countries of origin in order to better tackle the cross-border nature of FGM
- Objective 6: Sustain End FGM EU’s role as European focal point in the global movement to End FGM in the context of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the European Consensus on Development
STRENGTHEN THE EUROPEAN MOVEMENT TO END FGM
- Objective 7: Strengthen the capacity, outreach, visibility and sustainability of End FGM EU and of its members
- Objective 8: Expand the membership to include members throughout Europe
You can find a link to our Strategic Plan 2018-2022 here.