A world where women and girls are empowered and free from all forms of gender-based violence, in particular female genital mutilation, where their voices are heard, where they can enjoy their rights and make informed choices about their lives.
The network creates an enabling environment for coordinated and comprehensive action by European decision-makers to end FGM and other forms of violence against women and girls. The network facilitates the synergy of diverse organisations and the active participation of rights holders and affected communities. The network provides space where member organisations can share their experience and diverse skills.
END FGM Values
END FGM places the following principles at the core of its work:
- Respect and promotion of human rights and gender equality
- Active participation of rights holders in decision-making and activities
- Use and promotion of empowering language framed in human rights terminology
- Ownership by member organisations
- Accountability, integrity, transparency and professionalism in all its work
- Solidarity between organisations and respect for staff, members, individuals and allies