- 13/09/2017 PRESS RELEASE: FGM Survivors & Community Representatives Turn to EU Parliament
On September 26th, 2017 community representatives trained via the Change Plus programme to abandon the practice of FGM, will gather in the European Parliament to discuss the role communities play and the challenges they face in ending FGM in Europe.More
- 31/07/2017 End FGM EU writes its recommendations to the Estonian Presidency of the Council of the EU
The End FGM European Network wrote a Letter to the Estonian Presidency of the Council of the European Union (July - December 2017) to share its Recommendations to end gender-based violence, including FGM.More
- 17/07/2017 Reaction to The New York Times letter: ‘The Law in a Female Genital Cutting Case'
The End FGM European Network would like to comment on the letter published in The Yor Times on Monday 12th June 2017 entitled ‘The Law in a Female Genital Cutting Case‘.More
- 12/01/2017 Press Release: TACKLING FGM IN SCHOOLS: A PAN EUROPEAN CONFERENCE
A pan-European conference jointly hosted by FORWARD and the End FGM European Nework which will focus on tackling FGM in schools and education settings.More
- 08/11/2016 Press release: Gender-related vulnerabilities in the EU asylum procedures: Spotlight on FGM
On Tuesday 8 November, the End FGM European Network organised a conference on ‘Gender-related vulnerabilities in the EU asylum procedures: Spotlight on FGM’.More
- 17/06/2016 Reaction to The Economist article of Saturday 18th June 2016 ‘Female genital mutilation: an agonising choice'
The End FGM European Network would like to comment on the article published in The Economist on Saturday 18th June 2016 entitled ‘Female Genital Mutilation: an agonising choice’.More
- 31/05/2016 17-year-old girl dies during medicalised FGM procedure in Egypt.
We are saddened by the news of the death of a 17-year-old girl in Egypt while undergoing FGM at a hospital. Despite legislation banning the practice since 2008, FGM is still prevalent in the country.More
- 26/02/2016 Reaction to paper in JME online on female genital alteration: a compromise solution
The End FGM European Network would like to comment on the paper published on 22nd February 2016 in the Journal of Medical Ethics entitled ‘Female Genital Alteration: a compromise solution’.More
- 25/02/2016 Réaction à l’article « Deux gynécologues font polémique en suggérant des excisions minimalistes » de Asbl INTACT
Un de notre membre belge, l’asbl INTACT souhaite réagir à un article paru le 23 février 2016, dans Le Soir en ligne, dans la rubrique Sciences et Santé, « Deux gynécologues font polémique en suggérant des excisions «minimalistes».More