Membership Policy & Criteria
The End FGM European Network is a European umbrella organisation of national organisations working to end female genital mutilation (FGM) in the European Union.
A world where women and girls are empowered and free from all forms of gender-based violence, in particular female genital mutilation, where their voices are heard, where they can enjoy their rights and make informed choices about their lives.
We advocate for a holistic approach to ending FGM and other forms of violence against women and girls at European level; We aim to create an enabling environment for coordinated and comprehensive action by European decision-makers; We facilitate the synergy of diverse organisations and the active participation of rights holders. It also provides space where its member organisations can share their experience and diverse skills.
The END FGM Network places the following principles at the core of its work:
- Respect and promotion of human rights and gender equality
- Active participation of rights holders in decision-making and activities
- Use and promotion of empowering language framed in human rights terminology
- Ownership by member organisations
- Accountability, integrity, transparency and professionalism in all its work
- Solidarity between organisations and respect for staff, members, individuals and allies
Who can be a member?
All members must:
- Work on the issue of FGM or on other issues that are relevant to FGM: violence against women and girls (VAWG), women’s rights, gender-based violence, sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), migrants’ rights
- Subscribe to the vision, mission statement and values of the Network
- Sign and respect the principles spelled out in the Charter of the Network- Be committed to engaging in transnational work, advocacy and campaigning to end FGM in the European Union
The END FGM Network has three types of memberships:
Each membership category has different criteria.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please read our Membership Policy and the Instructions to determine the membership category that may apply to your organisation. If your organisation fulfills the membership criteria, contact us at email@example.com to obtain the relevant application form.