About the End FGM European Network
The End FGM European Network (End FGM EU) is a European umbrella organisation consisting of 19 member organisations that are national NGOs expert in female genital mutilation (FGM).
Our vision is a world free of all forms of FGM where women and girls are empowered and can fully enjoy their human rights.
Our mission is to be the driving force of the European movement to end all forms of FGM, joining the forces of communities and civil society organisations, and building synergies and cooperation with all relevant actors in Europe and globally.
Context of the Youth Meeting
In 2017, End FGM EU is starting a dialogue with children and young people with the long-term objective of establishing an End FGM EU Youth Group actively involved in the Network’s activities and a youth programme. Given that FGM is a global concern affecting more than 200 million girls and women, most of whom are below 14 years, youth engagement is crucial to meaningfully tackle such practice. Not only do young people have the full potential to contribute their ideas and solutions for issues affecting them but it is also and primarily their right to be involved.
Our envisaged youth programme will ultimately aim at mobilising and engaging children and young people as actors of social change to end FGM in Europe and beyond, as well as to empower the next generation of young activists against FGM, by raising their awareness and building their capacity.
The first step is a one-day (spread in two days) participatory workshop involving 10 children and young people (between 16 and 20 years old), tentatively scheduled to take place on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th October 2017 in Brussels. The meeting will have two main objectives:
1. To define, in an inclusive, participatory and empowering way, the type and level of engagement children and young people wish to commit to.
This will be done through creative brainstorming sessions looking, among others, at the following questions: what is the role for children and young people in the work towards the abandonment of FGM? What would be the most effective way to shape such involvement? What are the issues that are most important for children and young people to address?
2. To adapt the End FGM EU strategies to better and appropriately address the needs of children and youth in relation to education, services, communication and information.
Expected deliverables of the meeting:
- Core elements of a strategy for implementation of involvement of children and youth in the Network
- Core elements of a Youth Plan of Action for 2018-2019
Consultancy Assignment Description
End FGM EU is seeking the services of a consultant to prepare and facilitate the meeting. The main tasks that the consultant is expected to perform consist of:
Interested candidates should have the following experience and expertise:
- a CV outlining your relevant expertise for this assignment;
- proposal for meeting programme and facilitation plan with an indication of the methodology/ies to be used;
- daily rate and number of days to complete the assignment;
- two references.
Proposals should be submitted by email to Chiara Cosentino at email@example.com by the 30th September 2017.