Who are they?
Created in 2018, the Inter-Regional Coalition to end Female Genital Mutilation is a coalition of regional networks working to end FGM.
Its main objective is to enable better coordination among different regional networks working on FGM:
- Fostering joint actions;
- Sharing promising practices across regions;
- Providing a space to discuss common trends and regional specificities, to influence regional bodies and decision-makers to shape global and regional policies to tackle FGM.
- We have issued joint statements and open letters to global and regional leaders, ensuring that all regions of the world are held accountable for ending FGM and supporting Survivors.
- We generally have a couple of joint meetings yearly to exchange experiences, challenges and solutions shared by regional networks.
- We are currently in the process of expanding our geographical scope to cover all continents.