2020 Annual Campaign - Debunking myths and misconceptions
Did you know that 200 million women and girls are affected by FGM worldwide? And that in Europe alone, around 600.000 of them are FGM survivors?
We are tackling one specific myth about FGM and its harmful consequences on women’s lives every month.
Get involved and discover how you can change things to #endFGMmyths!
What can YOU do to get involved?
Every week, we publish interesting facts and figures on different myths and stereotypes.
Share our content on Social Media & use the hashtag #endFGMmyths!
Deepen your knowledge!
Learning new things on Social Media piqued your interest and now you want to discover even more?
You can browse our RESOURCES SECTION and read all the documents contained within!
If you are looking for suggestions, we recommend:
- How to Talk About FGM - A fundamental guide to learn how to address this difficult topic in a sensitive and non-stigmatising way.
- Addressing common myths and misconceptions on FGM - An interesting booklet that tackles 13 common myths surrounding FGM, in order to bring about a holistic conversation.
- FGM/C: A Call for a Global Response - A report that shines a spotlight on the presence of FGM in over 90 countries around the world and highlights the need to act to end it without delay.
- Youth Engagement Manifesto - A powerful tool to understand how to engage youth from FGM-affected communities in an effective and meaningful way.
Take action & Spread the word!
Now that you know everything about FGM, it's time to share what your learnt with the word!
You can get as creative as you want! Some ideas?
- Take a selfie or a picture with your friends, colleagues, family and peers with the hashtag #endFGMmyths (you can print our sign)!
- Record a short video busting a myth about FGM. Need some inspiration? Check out our infographics on several myths! Do not forget to follow our How to Talk About FGM guidelines!
- Create some art: poetry, song, sculpture, etc.
Publish your work on Social Media, use the hashtag #endFGMmyths and tag us: we will be happy to share your posts!