Deadline of application: there is no set deadline, application process will be closed as soon as the position is filled
This purpose of this position is to assist the End FGM European Network to highlight and promote the work of community members in ending FGM and supporting survivors.
1. Mapping communities against FGM:
- Desk review of the current data on grassroots communities’ work in Europe.
- Promoting the work of community-based organisations against FGM based in Europe.
- Developing online content promoting the work of community-based organisations.
2. Programmes against FGM and GBV:
- Support the implementation of the Network’s programmes.
- Support in drafting reports and other documents.
- Assist with the Youth Ambassadors and Ambassadors programmes.
3. Meetings and events:
- Contribute to the planning of Network events, meetings and trainings.
- Support the organisation of the Annual General Assembly and the annual European Conference.
This position aims at supporting a young volunteer from FGM-affected communities. We strongly encourage you to apply to be part of our team.
- Volunteer between 18 and 30 living in Europe and coming from an FGM-affected community Good English language skills, both oral and written, French is an asset
- Knowledge of or interest in gender equality and gender-based violence issues Willingness to engage in productive and challenging work
- Ability to focus well under deadlines
- Understanding of debates on female genital mutilation (FGM), violence against women and gender issues
• A monthly allowance includes money for accommodation, meals, local transport, language course and pocket money
• Travel costs to Brussels (a lump sum depending on the distance to Brussels)
• Before their arrival in Belgium, the volunteer will be supported to find proper accommodation in the city of Brussels