We are hiring an Operations and Administration Officer (Part-time)
End FGM EU is looking for a part-time Operations and Administration Officer to be responsible for the Network’s daily operations and administration.
The Operations & Administration Officer reports to End FGM EU Director and their role will be to support the management of the daily operations and administrative systems and procedures, and providing advice on financial and administrative matters.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- General administrative support to the Director;
- Support with financial tasks (e.g. invoicing, follow-up of the receivables, preparation of payments);
- Develop and monitor the annual budget in liaison with the Director;
- Handling office management-related tasks (e.g. logistical matters, office supplies, mail);
- Develop and update the organisations financial and operations procedures in liaison with the Director;
- Support for HR processes and the administration of payslips and salary payments;
- Other administrative activities related to the funding received from the European Union and other funders;
- Assisting in the organisation of events;
- Support the Director with tasks related to membership and governance of the organisation;
- Support in the application of social regulations and legal obligations within the organisation.
The Operations and Administration Officer will report to the Director.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a dynamic organisational environment. This post might suit a candidate wishing to balance work with study or other commitments.
- Finished secondary education or vocational training (referably accounting or management);
- Higher education in a relevant field (i.e. Accounting, Finance, International Management, Business Administration…) is an asset;
- A commitment to women’s rights;
- Enjoys administrative and operations work;
- 2 years experience in a similar position, preferably in the non-profit sector;
- Experience in managing administrative work, including budgetary aspects of a complex project;
- Experience in administrative or logistical positions;
- Professional fluency in oral and written English and French;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Multi-tasking, with proven ability to prioritise and deal with multiple tasks;
- Confident command of MS Office and Excel;
- Task-oriented and attention to detail;
- Experience in project management, especially in EU funded projects;
- Knowledge and understanding of the Belgian system is a very strong asset
- Comfortable with online meetings and team cooperation platforms (zoom, doodle, MS teams), project management tools and other day-to-day informal communications
If interested, please apply by sending a CV and a motivation letter in English to email@example.com by 15 May 2021 (23:59 CEST).