The End FGM European Network (End FGM EU) is an umbrella network of 22 national organisations working in 12 European countries and who are expert on Female Genital Mutilation (FGM). End FGM EU operates as a meeting ground for communities, civil society organisations, decision-makers and other relevant actors at European level to interact, cooperate and join forces to end all forms of FGM in Europe and beyond. We put at the heart of our work grassroots voices to influence European governments and policy-makers to work towards the elimination of FGM. We build our members’ capacity, offer spaces to share expertise and develop partnerships.
While being dedicated to being the driving force of the European movement to end FGM, we are equally committed to build bridges and cooperation with all relevant actors in the field of FGM both in Europe and globally. In this sense, we actively promote and foster cooperation between the European movement and movements in other regions of the world.
End FGM EU is looking for a Project Officer.
The Objectives of the post are:
- To successfully coordinate and implement End FGM EU’s contribution to the European Commission funded Gender ABC project
- To oversee the successful implementation of Network’s events
- Create synergies among members and help build the overall capacity of the End FGM European movement
Coordination of Gender ABC project
- Monitor the overall progress regarding milestones and deliverables
- Liaise and maintain regular contact with the project partners and other key stakeholders
- Ensure timely preparation of quarterly progress updates and financial reports
- Help with the organisation, preparation and logistics of project events (e.g. all-partner meetings)
- Coordinate the preparation of project interim and final reports as outlined in the Grant Agreement
- Support the Communications Officer in the dissemination of the project
Organisation of events
- Handle logistical and administrative planning and implementation of events (this includes - but is not limited to - booking venues, coordinating participants' travel and accommodation, preparing outreach and registration lists of participants)
- Produce background documents for meetings, minutes, and any other required documents
- Assist in preparing abstracts for conferences and other events
- Assist in preparing and delivering visually engaging presentations
- Address post-event tasks
- Contribute to capacity building of the Network’s member organisations through assisting with training delivery, ad-hoc support and development of tailored tools
- Manage the Network’s Ambassadors programme though liaising with Ambassadors, building relationships and coordinating their participation at events & other EU level opportunities
- Assist the Director in identifying funding opportunities for the Network and its members
- In addition, as identified by the Director, the Project Officer will undertake any other reasonable duty commensurate with this post in relation to the Strategic Plan, including external representation of the Network.
- As a member of a small and dynamic team, the Project Officer is expected to play a full part in the administration, planning and evaluation of the Network’s events. The post is self-servicing and includes clerical duties.
The Project Officer will report to the Director.
Deadline for candidates: Thursday the 6th of December 5pm CET.