PROGRAMME ASSISTANT (Volunteer position)
End Female Genital Mutilation European Network Brussels, Belgium
We are looking for a motivated volunteer to support the implementation of a number of activities of the End FGM operational programme 2017.
About the END FGM Network
The Network was established in 2014 to ensure sustainable action in the European Union to end female genital mutilation. The Network is based in Brussels and brings together 18 national organisations working in the field of female genital mutilation (FGM) and violence against women and girls.
Female genital mutilation (FGM) is a global human rights violation which exists in Europe. Each year, 180.000 girls and women in Europe are estimated to be at risk of FGM and 500.000 women and girls are living with the life-long consequences of the practice.
A world where women and girls are empowered and free from all forms of gender-based violence, in particular female genital mutilation, where their voices are heard, where they can enjoy their rights and make informed choices about their lives.
- ➢ Advocate for a holistic approach to ending FGM and other forms of violence against women and girls at EU level
- ➢ Create an enabling environment for coordinated and comprehensive action by EU decision-makers and stakeholders
- ➢ Facilitate the synergy of diverse organisations and the active participation of rights holders
- ➢ Provide a platform where our member organisations can share their experience and diverse skills.
As Programme Assistant, you will be contributing to the following activities:
- Contribute to the planning of Network events and meetings: three seminars
- Support the implementation of the Network’s Monitoring & Evaluation plan
- Implementation of the Twinning Programme for End FGM members
- Membership capacity assessment
- Support in drafting reports and other documents.
Knowledge and skills desired
- ➢ Commitment to END FGM’s mission, vision and organisational values
- ➢ Experience in project management
- ➢ Professional fluency in oral and written English, other EU languages would be an asset
- ➢ Strong analytical, organisational and problem-solving skills
- ➢ Good communication skills
- ➢ Experience of working at EU level would be an asset
- ➢ Knowledge of women’s human rights and gender equality, VAWG, gender in development, in particular FGM would be an added value.
- Working environment
- ➢ Preferably works at End FGM headquarters in Brussels
➢ Duration of 6 months preferred, minimum of 20 hours a week ➢ Desired start: preferably not later than end of April
➢ We offer contribution to meals and public transport.
If interested, please apply by sending a CV, a motivation letter and references in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 20th of April 5pm CET.