The End FGM European Network (End FGM EU) is an umbrella network of 22 national organisations working in 12 European countries and who are expert on Female Genital Mutilation (FGM). End FGM EU operates as a meeting ground for communities, civil society organisations, decision-makers and other relevant actors at European level to interact, cooperate and join forces to end all forms of FGM in Europe and beyond. We put at the heart of our work grassroots voices to influence European governments and policy-makers to work towards the elimination of FGM. We build our members’ capacity, offer spaces to share expertise and develop partnerships.
While being dedicated to being the driving force of the European movement to end FGM, we are equally committed to build bridges and cooperation with all relevant actors in the field of FGM both in Europe and globally. In this sense, we actively promote and foster cooperation between the European movement and movements in other regions of the world
End FGM EU is looking for a creative and dynamic Communications Officer to be responsible for the Network’s communications activities.
The Objectives of the post are:
- Communicate the Network’s strategic priorities, positions and messages targeting different audiences – the wider public, decision-makers, policy-makers and key stakeholders
- Raise the visibility of the Network and its member organisations.
- Give a voice to FGM-affected communities in Europe through the Network’s Ambassador programme
- Create synergies among members and help build the overall capacity of the End FGM European movement
Communication strategies, plans and campaigns
- Develop & implement communication strategies tailored to the Networks vision & mission
- Implement & manage communication campaigns – specifically the Network’s annual multimedia campaign
- Design & implement communication plans for events, action days/weeks and other related occasions
External and internal Communications
- Manage and oversee all contacts, databases and mailing lists
- Manage the development and output of the bi-monthly Network’s Newsletter
- Manage all online platforms including social media & the website
- Assist the Director on media work including media monitoring, responding to media enquiries, drafting media releases and ensuring professional follow-up with selected journalists and media organisations
- Manage and produce monthly updates to all Network members
- Liaise and oversee the Network’s Communications Working Group
- Create and manage the design of printed and digital materials including reports, position papers, infographics and leaflets, multimedia material including videos, livestreaming, podcasts and other media (animation, gifts, etc)
- Ensure that the Network’s Branding is used on all communication materials
- Produce original and engaging creative copy for website and other outlet
- Contribute to capacity building of the Network’s member organisations through training, ad-hoc support and development of tailored tools in the field of communications
- In addition, as identified by the Director, the Communications Officer will undertake any other reasonable duty commensurate with this post in relation to the Strategic Plan, including external representation of the Network.
- As a member of a small and dynamic team, the Communications Officer is expected to play a full part in the administration, planning and evaluation of the Network’s events together with the other staff members. The post is self-servicing and includes clerical duties.
The Communications Officer will report to the Director.
DEADLINE for candidates: Thursday the 6th of December 5pm CET. Interviews will take place in December.